6 Apps That Will Help You Be More Mindful
Technology – some say it’s a gift and a curse but in this day and age we can’t get away from it. From your daily cell phone use to emailing on the go and video conferencing at work, technology is in some way weaved into your life. But instead of despising that reminder on your phone, embrace it and make it work for you!
One of the reasons people don’t like technology is because they always feel ‘on’ and wired when they have it, but what if you felt calm and centered when dealing with it? Well, you’re in luck! We have identified 6 apps for the iPhone and Apple Watch that will keep you mindful during the day.
1. 3 Minute Mindfulness – Practice mindful breathing exercises with this timed app that will keep you on track. Available on the iPhone and Apple Watch
2. Lark – For those times that you get up to exercise but your motivation level is low. Lark will help you will motivational messages to help you along the way. Available on the iPhone and Apple Watch.
4. Pocket Yoga – No yoga instructor, no problem. PocketYoga is your virtual yoga instructor; now you can do any pose anywhere. This app is also a yoga encyclopedia and will even monitor your heart rate when you workout. Available on the iPhone and Apple Watch
5. Streak – If you find it hard to stick to or make new habits, Streak is for you. Streak tracks when you complete your habits and turns them into streaks when you accomplish several in a row. Available on the iPhone and Apple Watch.
6. Waterminder – We all want to drink more water, but sometimes it’s hard to keep track of what we have drunk throughout the day. Waterminder will remind when you need to take your next drink. Available on the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Now stop hating technology and embrace it for its ability to keep you mindful.
READ MORE: Break Those Bad Habits With Mindfulness
This article covers the mindfulness pillar of the Living Happier @Work program.