5 Ways to Catapult Your Career Through Mindfulness
We talk about mindfulness quite a bit because it’s a practice that should be in everyone’s daily routine. Mindfulness is a way for you to take control of the weeds of your brain. The weeds are negative thoughts and responses that pop in your brain. And when it comes to those weeds and work they can be a deterrent to your current job, and your growth at the company. Here are 5 ways to use mindfulness to advance you career:
- Stress – Mindfulness helps will stress relief, it takes you out of the fight-or-flight mindset and helps you become more relaxed.
- Focus – When your mind is not cluttered with negative thoughts you’re able to focus on the things that matter.
- Creativity – Your mind needs to be clear to be creative. Mindfulness allows your mind to make room for the good stuff.
- Emotional Intelligence – The way you manage your behavior is important especially in the office. Mindfulness allows you recognize and understand your emotions.
- Better you – Mindfulness can help you express more compassion and kindness, which is always welcomed in the workplace.
How does mindfulness help you control the negative self-talk we all experience?
READ MORE: Mindfulness Could Save Your Job
This article covers the mindfulness and kindness pillars of the Living Happier @Work program.